Soil Datasets > Maps > National Soil Maps (EuDASM)
More Information about EuDASM: Panagos, P., Jones, A., Bosco, C., Senthil Kumar P.S.
European digital archive on soil maps (EuDASM): preserving important soil data for public free access.
International Journal of Digital Earth (2011), 4 (5), pp. 434-443. DOI:10.1080/17538947.2011.596580
You can download the Article in Press for your documentation.
- Background Information: European Digital Archive on Soil Maps of the World - EuDASM
- Africa Collection: Navigate the DVD "Soil Maps of Africa " and Display Maps (2,010 maps )
- Asia Collection: Navigate the DVD "Soil Maps of Asia" and Display Maps (961 maps)
- Latin America and Caribbean islands Collection: Navigate the DVD "Latin America & Caribbean Islands" and Display Maps (1,074 maps)
- Europe Soil Map Collection: Display more than 1000 soil maps of European union and other European Countries.
- North America Soil Map Collection: Dislay 240 soil maps of United States of America (USA) and 65 soil maps of Canada
A collection of scanned soil maps is available. The immediate objective is to transfer soil information into digital format, with the maximum resolution possible, to preserve the information of paper maps that are vulnerable to deterioration. Find below the list of countries and the number of maps. Click on the country name and the List of Soil Maps will be dispayed. The countries are sorted in an alphabetical order. You may wish to group the countries by Continent. Some of the digitised maps are georeferenced and you are invited to download the TIFF files.
Digital Archive of Soil Maps - Continent Coverages: 5, Number of Maps: 373
|African continental coverage maps, 151|
|Asian continental coverage maps, 67|
|Central America - Continental Coverage, 4|
|Europe - Continental coverage, 85|
|South American - continental Coverage, 66|
Digital Archive of Soil Maps - Number of Countries: 142, Number of Maps: 5391
For further information or technical problems on the Digital Archive of Soil Maps , please contact Panos Panagos.
|Important legal notice
© European Communities, 1995-
| European Commission - Joint
Institute for Environment and Sustainability
Marc Van Liedekerke(tel. +39-0332-785179)
Panos Panagos (tel. +39-0332-785574)