Soil Projects > DIGISOIL > WorkPackages - Deliverables > Workpackage 1
WP1: Development of new sensing technologies
- To develop new sensing technologies for non-invasive characterization of the soil geophysical properties with a high spatial resolution.
- To identify and improve geophysical sensors as proposed in the Digisoil’s strategy. To specify their technical characteristics and optimal settings, considering theoretical aspects and practical constraints (e.g., mobility).
- To develop and optimize signal processing algorithms for the different sensors in order to maximize soil information retrieval capabilities in terms of quantity and quality.
- To synthesize 1 and 2 to make available an integrated system of geophysical sensors able to be tested in the next work packages. To define measuring and processing protocols.
Reference documents - Deliverables
- Revised D1.1: Technical specifications of the system of geophysical sensors (S.Lambot, G.Grandjean, K.Samyn, I.Cousin, J.Thiesson, A.Stevens, L.Chiarantini)- March 2009
- D1.2: Description of processing protocols for each sensor (G.Grandjean) - May 2009
- D1.3: Measuring and processing protocols description (G.Grandjean) - September 2009
|Important legal notice
© European Communities, 1995-
| European Commission - Joint
Institute for Environment and Sustainability
Marc Van Liedekerke(tel. +39-0332-785179)
Panos Panagos (tel. +39-0332-785574)