Soil Datasets > Data > SINFO (Soil Information System for the MARS Crop Yield Forecasting System)
User Registration Form - License Agreement for "SINFO: data for the Soil Information System for the MARS Crop Yield Forecasting System"
To obtain access to the dataset, please fill in the fields below, after which you will be given instructions how you can download the data.
Notification regarding these data:
- The SINFO data and reports, as specified on ANNEX-1, are the property of the European Community ( hereinafter referred to as "the Community) represented by the Commission of the European Communities, represented by the Directorate General-Joint Research Centre (hereinafter referred as to JRC) for the purposes of this license agreement.;. Part of the SINFO data, namely the European Soil Database, were developed in collaboration with organizations within the European Soil Bureau Network, a network set-up and managed by JRC; there is a joint copyright on these data among the European Community and these organizations; the European Community has the permission to use and authorize third parties to use these data free of charge on behalf of these organizations. The list of the contributing organizations is found in ANNEX-2 to this License Agreement.
- The Community grants to the Licencee a personal, non transferable, perpetual, and non exclusive right to use the SINFO data and reports solely for research purposes as above-stated by the Licensee. No commercial use of the SINFO data and reports, products and services derived from the data is allowed. No sub-licence is allowed.
- The present licence is granted free of charge
- This agreement shall start on the date the Licencee has sent electronically the present agreement to the Community. There is no need for a signature of the present agreement by the Community.
- The SINFO database will be accessible only to the Licensee and staff working for the Licensees Organization and on a need-to-know basis. The licencee undertakes to inform the authorized persons of the existence of the present licence agreement and of its obligations that they will also have to respect.
- The Community will be formally mentioned and fully acknowledged in, but not limited, reports, articles, publications and presentations of work resulting from the use of the SINFO database as follows:
"SINFO, New soil information for CGMS (Crop Growth Monitoring System), new and extended version of the soil data from the Soil Geographical Data Base of Europe (SGDBE) version 3.1, developed for use in the MARS Crop Yield Forecast Sing System",European Community- DG Joint Research Centre, July 2007.
- When using the data, the Licencee shall refer to the fact that the original owner of the SINFO database is the Community.
- The use of SINFO database as a component for developing new products and/or services by the Licencee itself or its collaborators is not permitted without the prior written consent of the JRC
- The Licencee undertakes to communicate on a regular basis to the Community any errors or omissions discovered
- The Community disclaims all warranties relating to the data, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty against infringement of third parties property rights, of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
- The Community will not be liable for any loss of use, lost data, interruption of business or incidental, special, exemplary, consequential damages of any kind, even if the Community has been advised, knew or should have known of the possibility of such damages.
- The Community does not represent or warrant that the data will be error free or uninterrupted, or that all non-conformities can or will be corrected, or that the data are timely, accurate or complete or that are of a satisfactory technical or scientific quality.
- In case the Licencee receives claims for infringement from third parties, the Licencee shall inform immediately the Community. The Community may at its own discretion undertake any useful change to SINFO database in order to deliver data free from any third parties rights. In case this is not possible, the availability of the SINFO database will be stopped. In the meantime, the Licencee will reply before the Court to the claims of the third party and pay all damages and costs.
- In the event of any claim, suit or proceeding for infringement from third parties, the Community shall have the right, at its option, to assume defence of such action
- The Licencee shall not use any trademarks of the Communities, the Commission or JRC.
- The name SINFO of the database being created by the JRC, the Licencee shall not use the name of SINFO without prior written authorization of JRC and shall not register the name SINFO as a trademark
- Licensee is informed that its personal data may be used by the Community and automatically processed. The identifying data that Licensee may submit (The Data) will be treated in accordance with the policy on "protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions", based on Regulation (EC) N 45/2001. It may occur that you are requested to provide certain Data such as your name, your mailing address, your e-mail address, and other data such as your country, area as well as any other information requested via a specific form. The Data will not be communicated to nonauthorised third parties and will only be collected to allow you the use of the Software and for the establishment of statistics or trends. The Data will not be used for any other purposes than the indicated and will not be kept within our systems beyond the necessary timeframe to achieve this goal. Licensor will take all possible measures in order to secure the Data. However, it cannot eliminate all the risks related to the use of the Internet. Thus, at the time of submitting the Data, you must be aware that other users of the Internet can possibly manage to visualize the Data. Further to the law on private data protection, you are allowed to access, modify or to oppose yourself to any processing of your Data. To use that right, you may contact Licensor per e-mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The licence may be terminated by the Community if the Licencee breaches any of its provisions. In such a case, the Community shall give the Licensee 30 days notice and opportunity to rectify the infringement but in any case, this termination shall not prevent the Community from claiming any further damages.
- The Licensee agrees to maintain in confidence and not to disclose to any natural or legal person and to use its best effort to prevent and protect the data and documentation and reports therefore, and all other material, know-how, information from disclosure by its agents or employees to any person, organisation or company.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Belgian law. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Licence shall be settled before the competent courts of Brussels.
- The following Annexes form an intergral part of this License Agreement:
ANNEX 1: Specification of SINFO Database and reports
ANNEX 2: Contributing Organizations to the European Soil Database as used in the SINFO database.
- LICENCEE ACKNOWLEDGES TO HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THE ABOVE-MENTIONED TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE CONTRACT
Technical assistance concerning the use of the SINFO data can be obtained from : Bettina.email@example.com
Other issues related to the use of the SINFO database can be obtained from : firstname.lastname@example.org
ANNEX 1: SPECIFICATION OF SINFO DATABASE AND REPORTS
Report: New soil information for CGMS (Crop Growth Monitoring System) (SINFO)
Database: the database consists of the following components, explained by the report:
ANNEX-2 : Contributing Organizations to the European Soil Database as used in the SINFO database
Universit de Gand, Laboratoire de Pdologie Tropicale, Krijgslaan 281, B-9000 Gent, BELGIUM.
Contact: Professor Eric VAN RANST
Geografisk Institut, Kobenhavns Universitet, Oster Voldgade 10, DK-1350 Kobenhavn, DENMARK.
Contact: Professor Dr Henrik Breuning MADSEN
European Soil Bureau, Joint Research Centre, Institute for Environment & Sustainability, Ispra Establishment, TP 280, I-21020 Ispra (Va), ITALY.
Contact: Dr Luca MONTANARELLA
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Unit de Science du Sol, Av. Pomme de Pin BP 20619, Ardon, F-45160 Olivet, FRANCE.
Contact: Dr Marcel JAMAGNE, Dr Dominique KING
Bundesanstalt fr Geowissenschaften und Rohstoffe, Stilleweg 2, D-30655 Hannover, GERMANY.
Contact: Dr Wolf ECKELMANN
NAGREF, Agricultural University of Athens, Laboratory of Soils and Agricultural Chemistry, 75 Iera Odos, 118 55 Athens, GREECE.
Contact: Professor Nicholas YASSOGLOU
TEAGASC, Agriculture and Food Development Authority, Johnstown Castle, Research and Development Centre, Wexford, EIRE.
Contact: Dr John LEE
Universita di Firenze, Department of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition, Piazzale delle Cascine 15, I-50144 Firenze, ITALY.
Contact: Professor Guido SANESI
Alterra Green World Research, PO Box 47, NL-6700 AA Wageningen, NETHERLANDS.
Contact: Dr Ben VAN DER POUW, Dr Peter FINKE
Macaulay Land Use Research Institute, Craigiebuckler, Aberdeen, AB9 2QJ, Scotland, UNITED KINGDOM.
Contact: Dr James H. GAULD
Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas (CSIC) Centro de ciencas medioambientales, Calle Serrano, 115 Dpdo, E-28006 Madrid, SPAIN.
Contact: Dr Juan Jose IBANEZ
National Soil Resources Institute, Cranfield University, Silsoe, Bedford, MK45 4DT, UNITED KINGDOM.
Contact: Professor Mark KIBBLEWHITE
Technische Universitat Graz, Institut fuer Technischew Geologie, Rechbauerstasse 12, A-8010 Graz AUSTRIA.
Contact: Professor Dr O. NESTROY
Agricultural Research Centre of Finland, Institute of Resource Management, FIN-31600, Jokioinen, FINLAND.
Contact: Dr Jouko SIPPOLA
SLU, Box 7070, S-75 007 Uppsala SWEDEN.
Contact: Professor Mats OLSSON
Norwegian Inst. of Land Inventory (NIJOS), Radhuspl. 29, PB 115, N-1430 AS NORWAY.
Contact: Dr Arnold ARNOLDUSSEN
Eldg. Forschungsanstalt fuer Landwirtsschaftliche Pflanzenbau, Reckenholzstrasse 191, Z-8046 Zurich-Reckenholz SWITZERLAND.
Contact: Dr L-F BONNARD
Soil Science Institute, Instituti i Studimit t Tokave, Tirana ALBANIA.
Contact: Dr Sherif LUSHAJ
N. Poushkarov Institute of Soil Science and Agroecology, 7, Shosse Bankya Str., Bul-1080 Sofia, BULGARIA.
Contact: Dr Martin BANOV, Dr Nikola KOLEV
University of Agriculture of Prague, Faculty of Agronomy, Department of Soil Science and Geology, CZ-16521 Praha 6, Suchdol, CZECH REPUBLIC.
Contact: Dr Jan NEMECEK, Dr Jan KOZAK
Estonian Agricultural University, Institute of Soil Science, Viljandi Road, Eerika, 2400 Tartu ESTONIA.
Contact: Dr Loit REINTAM
Research Institute for Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Herman Otto ut 15, Hu-1022 Budapest, HUNGARY. Contact: Professor Gyorgy VARALLYAY Department of Soil Science and Agrochemistry, Latvia University of Agriculture, 2 Liela Street, Jelgava, LV-3001 LATVIA.
Contact: Dr Aldis KARKLINS
Lithuanian University of Agriculture, Department of Soil Science and Agrochemistry, Akademija-Kaunas, LT-4324 Kaunas LITHUANIA.
Contact: Professor Dr Vanda BUIVYDAITE
Warsaw University of Technology, Faculty of Geodesy and Cartography, Pl. Politechniki 1, Pl-00-661 Warszawa, POLAND.
Contact: Dr Stanislas BIALOUSZ
Research Institute for Soil Science and Agrochemistry, Bd Marasti 61, Ro-71331 Bucarest, ROMANIA.
Contact: Dr Ioan MUNTEANU
GIS Laboratory, V.V. Dokuchaev Soil Institute, Moscow RUSSIA.
Contact: Dr Igor SAVIN, Vladimir STOLBOVOI
Soil Fertility Research Institute Gagarinova 10, Slov-82713 Bratislava, SLOVAKIA.
Contact: Professor Dr Pavel BIELEK
Information about the data: Soil Information System for the MARS Crop Yield Forecasting System (SINFO)
More Information and Helpdesk: Panos Panagos
|Important legal notice
European Communities, 1995-
| European Commission - Joint
Institute for Environment and Sustainability
Marc Van Liedekerke(tel. +39-0332-785179)
Panos Panagos (tel. +39-0332-785574)